Human Resources Manager
WORKING AT HS GROUP HOLDING COMPANY
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work at a company that genuinely cares about its employees, franchisees, and customers? A company that believes in work-life balance, that it is okay to have fun on the job, and that invests in its employees by providing challenging opportunities and tools to deliver excellence? If these beliefs ring true to you, we invite you to read on.
What do we do? We help entrepreneurs achieve their lifelong dream of success through business ownership. As a multi-brand franchisor, we plan to deliver multiple home services through individually owned and operated franchisee throughout the United States and Canada. We help our brands deliver superior customer service by providing a high touch National Contact Center, cutting-edge technology, fun and upbeat marketing and business coaching that adds real value.
In a nutshell, our vision is to be a franchisee-friendly company, empowering entrepreneurs to deliver exceptional services to their communities.
What are our roots? It all began in June 2020, when our flagship franchise, MaidPro, partnered with The Riverside Company (a private equity sponsor). Since then, we’ve been moving at a rapid speed growing both organically and through acquisitions. Today, we are 4 brands strong, supporting not only MaidPro but also Men in Kilts, FlyFoe, and Pestmaster. Our strategy is to keep adding great-performing brands to our portfolio, so we’re not slowing down. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, but really, we’re all over the map, with more than 400+ franchise locations across North America.
Who are we? We are a collection of entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, hospitality minded innovators. We thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and we are steadfastly committed to adding value to everything we do. Our flagship company, MaidPro, is listed as a Forbes Top 10 franchise and the Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade. We plan to keep that momentum going across HS Group Holding Company.
Who do we want on our team? We look for people who are natural learners, passionate about their careers and love to help businesses grow.
Why work here? We provide a fun place to work where people are nice, learning is continuous, individuality is respected, and your cutting-edge ideas are welcomed. At the same time, we’re straight shooters. We support each other but we also challenge each other. Working here is not for the walking dead or retired-on-duty. You will be challenged every day, but it will be the best darn job you ever had!
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Due to our recent growth, we are expanding our Human Resources team. We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who will partner with the Chief People Officer to manage and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources department; including recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, HRIS, internal communication, and compliance. This is truly a roll up your sleeves, generalist role. The immediate focus will be on recruitment activities, collaborating with departmental managers to create job descriptions for immediate hires, interview candidates, hire and orient new employees to the company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write job descriptions/ job postings to comply with EEO, FLSA, ADA
- Manage current HRIS/ ATS with a focus on process improvement
- Select and manage vendor relationships to include staffing agencies and job board sites
- Annually review and update benefits plans
- Serve as a main contact for benefits broker and vendor relationships
- Manage the annual review and goal setting process
- Attends to and manage employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on various issues, including the interpretation of HR policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of five to seven years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
We offer the ultimate Boston work experience. Our office is just steps away from the Boston Garden, North Station Commuter Rail, orange and green MBTA lines, Route I93, and Storrow Drive.
We provide a fun place to work where people are respected, learning is continuous, and cutting-edge ideas are always welcome. Competitive employee-focused benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits on your first day of employment
- Flexible scheduling
- Clear pathways for career advancement
- Virtual personal trainer, yoga classes, nutrition, and meditation
- Cleaning benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Collaborative, fun company environment and culture
- A work environment following all state guidelines for COVID-19 safety