Humanities Educational Technician Temporary Pool
Position Title: Humanities Educational Technician Temporary Pool
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Hourly Wage: $17.50/hour
Work hours (for hourly positions): Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.
Job Category: Temporary Part-Time Pool
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: Part-time temporary staff to support the humanities department.
Requirements: Associate's degree required in appropriate field.
The education technicians in the Art program at CCAC are responsible for the following:
• Prepare and maintain clean and safe art studio spaces for credit instruction.
• Hold consistent open studio hours for students to work outside of class times.
• Work with department faculty and department head to order materials and supplies.
• Receive orders, unpack, stock, and inventory materials and supplies.
• Maintain safe storage of all art department materials and supplies.
• Load, fire and arrange for maintenance of kilns for credit ceramics courses
• Mix glazes, slips, and prepare clay for credit ceramics courses
• Coordinate and oversee departmental work study students.
• Maintain email communication for department needs.
The education technicians in the Film program at CCAC are responsible for the following:
1. Prepare and maintain a clean and safe film production studio for credit instruction.
2. Hold consistent open lab hours for students to work outside of class times.
3. Facilitate and maintain the film equipment room.
4. Work with department faculty and department head to order materials and supplies.
5. Receive orders, unpack, stock, and inventory materials and supplies.
6. Maintain safe storage of all film department materials and supplies.
7. Facilitate test outs and checkouts of all film equipment.
8. Prepare equipment and materials for film instruction.
9. Support instruction of film equipment for needs of full-time and part-time faculty.
10. Answer questions from students and faculty regarding film equipment or equipment room policy.
11. Coordinate and oversee departmental work study students.
12. Maintain email communication for department needs.
The Theatre Ed Tech position at CCAC is a support position that assists in the efficient running of the theatre with all types of productions. The ed tech's responsibilities include:
• 1. Assist adjunct and full time faculty with running their classes and their shows, including leading groups of students with construction and painting.
• 2. Oversees maintenance of theatre including the tool shed, the backstage wings, the power tools, the dressing rooms, the light and sound booths, prop loft, the office prop room, multiple storage rooms, and storage trailers.
• 3. Coordinates with the maintenance staff and the custodial staff to effect repairs or cleaning that might be necessary to keep the theatre functioning cleanly and efficiently.
• 4. Supervise work study students, coordinating their hours and duties.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=13&c=ccac.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4793803
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.