Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
In-line Bankruptcy Quality Assurance Specialist (Remote)
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
This position provides quality control, audit oversight and risk identification for the functions performed within Special Servicing division of Shellpoint. The auditor will work closely with the functional area managers.
- Assist in identifying operational risks and escalating issues to management.
- Performs reviews of all bankruptcy filings to ensure accuracy and compliance to Federal bankruptcy code
- Mitigate through review, identification and correction or inaccurate work to prevent internal, external and investor audit findings
- Recommend procedural changes and/or policy updates
- Identifies trends and potential training opportunities based on quality control oversight
- Researches and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit
- Quality Assurance liaison with functional areas
- Provides expertise to assist staff with bankruptcy processing
- Reviews and identifies areas of opportunity from trends in QA analysis, provides information to management on root cause analysis and trends
- Assist with generation of error reports and monthly reporting of QA key performance indicators
- Complete monthly work flow audits
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards, identifying and recommending areas of improvement or additional oversight
- Participates in special projects for the department as assigned
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas including but not limited to Secured and Unsecured Bankruptcy.
- A self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet timelines
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of BKS, PACER, NDC, ILS, DMS
- Extensive knowledge of secured and unsecured Bankruptcy,
- Above average skills in quality and production rates
- Average MS Excel skills are required
- College degree or a combination of some college and relevant experience.
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.