Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Information Technology Specialist I - Lubbock- TX
Location: Lubbock, TX
Under general direction, the incumbent will install, configure, and troubleshoot computer hardware, basic networking hardware, peripherals and protocols. Investigates hardware problems and performs minor system hardware and communicating connection repairs. Performs basic diagnostic testing. Responds to inquires and requests for assistance within the organizations computer systems. Identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides advice to assist users, coordinates with other IT areas to resolve problems and provide training if necessary.
- Requires three years of experience in computer operations, networking and telecommunication support or providing technical computer support for users.
- Must possess excellent communication and people skills.
- Certifications in A , Network , and/or MCSE are desirable but not required
- Other combinations of experience and educating that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Email, print, minimal server support, and associated operating systems and software.
- Minimal support of network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs and UPS
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding computer, peripheral, software and network connectivity problems and questions
- Prepare, maintain and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data
- Perform computer, server and security audits
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed
- Utilizing in-house asset tracking system, maintain inventory of all IT hardware and software, as well as electronic documentation of service and support instances
- Reviews records to check hardware/software inventory, update service calls, and verify or modify user identification records
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Learns the functions and operation of new products, systems, or equipment by attending training or through tutorials or self instruction
- Advises users of the on-going status of their request, and places follow-up calls to ensure that satisfactory service was provided.
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Prioritizes requests or problems according to established criteria and enters relevant data into a computerized user-request tracking system
- Resolves problems or provides how-to instructions using a variety of online monitoring and diagnostic software tools, reference manuals, training tools, vendors, and on-the-job experience
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have customer service skillset
- Must be able to work alone and with team member from multiple departments
Some weekend/after-hours work required as needed.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Must have reliable vehicle or use company vehicles if available. Travel to assigned offices is required
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Information Technology Manager. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.