Inpatient Coder II - Remote
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.Pay Range
$27. 71 - $35.70/hrFlourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
This is an advanced level coding position that codes and abstracts Inpatient records for data retrieval, analysis, reimbursement and research. Codes and enters diagnostic and procedure codes into a designated coding and abstracting system utilizing the 3M encoder, as appropriate. Meets quality and productivity coding standards and demonstrates the ability to navigate an EMR. Ability to code across all Centura facilities.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- A minimum of 4 years coding experience preferably in an inpatient acute care setting or a minimum of 2 years' experience and successful completion of Centura Health Internal coding program
- Must demonstrate competency of inpatient coding guidelines and DRG assignment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and emails and troubleshooting computer problems
- Experience successfully working in a remote environment, preferred
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced technical coding competency in ICD-10 CM, CPT-4, HCPCS and Coding Modifiers
- Knowledge of disease management, anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology and coding systems (i.e. 3M)
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Associate's Degree, Preferred.
- Current AHIMA credentials (i.e. RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P) or AAPC credentials (COC, CIC, CPC-H, CPC), required or must be certified within one year of hire
Physical Requirements - Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally
Remote employees must live/work in one of the following states to be employed by Centura Health/Centura Staffing, LLC:
- Alabama - Arizona - Arkansas - Florida
- Georgia - Idaho - Kentucky - Louisiana
- Missouri - Mississippi - Nebraska - New Mexico
- North Carolina - Ohio - Oklahoma - South Carolina
- South Dakota - Tennessee - Texas - Utah
- Virginia - West Virginia - WyomingYour Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Don't forget to check out our benefits!
#IN-CENTURACaring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!