Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The Insurance Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of insurance records and timely premium disbursements for all escrowed loans. The specialist will also monitor the work of the insurance vendor to ensure premiums are paid and any customer-related issues are resolved timely. The Insurance Specialist will also monitor a team email inbox and respond timely to all emails to resolve any issues.
- Process the Daily Import files to update the system with the most current insurance information from the vendor
- Review loans that reject in the insurance batch before finalizing insurance disbursements for that particular day
- Monitor and respond to emails as needed for the team email inbox
- Review closing documents within the imaging system as research requires
- Complete reports and logs to ensure insurance information is current in the system and send any info/policies to the vendor to update the system via the daily import
- Analyze the Monthly Lender-Placed Insurance bill and pay accordingly
- Create/maintain procedure documents as requested
- Research insurance lines during the monthly analysis process as needed
- Respond to HOA research items such as requesting payments and sending letters to the HOA to obtain amounts due to avoid any and all liens on a property
- Process daily flood files for newly activated loans and submit to flood vendor to update the certificate
- Reconcile flood files for all loans being transferred out and submit to flood vendor as requested
- Monitor deposits and disbursements between SMS and the insurance vendor for all Loss Draft funds.
- All other duties and special projects as assigned
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of Loss Mitigation, REO, Bankruptcy, and Foreclosure
- Ability to research and comprehend state laws and regulations
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management and organized
- Associate/Bachelors Degree preferred or relevant insurance experience in a mortgage banking or real estate financing environment
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing has grown to become one of Americas largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners mortgage payments, paying homeowners tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Our mission at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is to deliver best-in-class portfolio performance for our clients by providing all homeowners with exceptional customer service. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer the training, modern technology, and tools for you to be successful. There could not be a more exciting time than right now to join our growing team, where you can be part of the success.