The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Intake Coordinator - Phoenix Family Services
LOCATION: The Salvation Army Herberger Campus - Phoenix Family Services
STATUS: FT – 40 hrs/wk
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Intake Coordinator position will greet and triage clients preparing initial interview/intake information and (in cooperation with program supervisors) make client option recommendations. This position will work the Service Priority List as provided by the Family Housing Hub to find candidates for the Family Shelter and Project Hope Outreach. The Intake Coordinator will assist the shelter to fill any open beds, complete the phone intake process and schedule clients for shelter intake, completing shelter intakes with new clients as needed. This position will take the lead on the St. Mary's Foodbank program attending all required meetings, training and reporting.
- HS Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of experience and education (2:1) will be considered
- Minimum of one-year experience in social service work setting
- Experience in working with the homeless and working the poor is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of local community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a collaborative team
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
- Ability to efficiently use all facets of MS Office software suite
- Must have good tracking and follow-up skills
- Must demonstrate appropriate time management skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must possess a current Arizona Drivers’ License with a clean driving record
- Must pass The Salvation Army Fleet Safety e-learning
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.