Starting pay rate: $18.47 hourly
As an employee with Southwest Behavioral & Health Services (SBH), each individual is responsible to strive towards becoming the recognized leader in providing behavioral health services to communities, families, and individuals in the Southwest. At SBH we value our customers, as they are the reason we exist. We value our employees, as they are the heart of our organization. We value the quality of services provided, as it is the foundation of our organization. And, we value the effective management of resources, as it is the strength of our organization. By doing this, SBH will become the pre-eminent customer driven, quality based provider in the Southwest.
To assist persons to be participants in their chosen communities in the fullest manner possible. The principles and practice of recovery are emphasized, so individuals are able to bring new meaning and an enhanced quality of life into their daily experience. Together, integration and recovery offer consumers greater opportunities to lead satisfying and productive lives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts screenings and assessments with behavioral health recipients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate service plan goals.
- Develops and provides initial individual service plans
- Prepares intake documentation, progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding behavioral health recipients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures required documentation is completed in accordance with established timelines; including, but not limited to, screenings, assessments and service plans.
- Facilitates coordination of care, to include: notification to program staff of new behavioral health recipient intake, summary of intake information and recommended services/programs.
- Obtains pertinent information from new members by asking them to complete surveys or interviews courteously and professionally.
- Collects data to help with the admission process if working in a health or mental care facility.
- Ensures that all admission forms are properly signed and filed.
- Respects member or patient dignity and confidentiality.
- Participates in clinical staff meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
- Must be able to work both independently across multiple sites and varied member needs, and as an integral part of a trans-disciplinary team
- On-call after hours as assigned; Required to carry a company phone and timestamp hours of work and location.
- May be expected to drive a SBH vehicle to transport consumers, per the discretion of the clinic and/or program.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- A bachelors degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one year of behavioral health experience required. A combination of experience and education totaling 5 years is acceptable.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.