Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking an Intake Specialist to work with our CJET (Criminal Justice Engagement Team) and 7th Ave Outpatient Clinic! The primary tasks of the Intake Specialist will be to assist persons to be participants in their chosen communities in the fullest manner possible. The principles and practice of recovery are emphasized, so individuals are able to bring new meaning and an enhanced quality of life into their daily experience. Together, integration and recovery offer consumers greater opportunities to lead satisfying and productive lives.
Our 7th avenue outpatient clinic is located off of 7th avenue and Buckeye Rd. The schedule will be Monday through Friday 8-5.
$18.47 to $20.20 per hour
Our Ideal Candidate will have knowledge of mental health/rehabilitation programs and services, rehabilitation principles and practices and vocational services practices. Knowledge of local labor markets and latest trends in vocational rehabilitation. Academic & working knowledge of DSM IV, community resources, clinical methods and procedures and application of the same. Excellent time management skills with ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities. Be self- Motivated with ability to assess situations, initiate, and follow through on tasks.
About the Position
The intake specialist meets with new and prospective clients in the criminal justice system, completes screening and assessment/intake for MAT services, helps to determine the best next course of action for client care, develops rapport for ongoing treatment and connection. Completes intake paperwork, service planning, and planning for MAT services in consideration and care for risk factors. Spend 50% of the time in the clinic and 50% working with MAT navigators inside the jail and in the community, works doing street outreach follow up, coordination of care, case management, completes referral and placement assistance with benefit acquisitions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team serving justice involved clients experiencing OUD and behavioral health issues
- Acts as liaison between MAT navigation services and the 7th Avenue clinic to facilitate a successful transition into services.
- Provides community outreach and jail in-reach 50%/ Intake Coordination in clinic 50%
- Conducts screenings and assessments as needed to provide services
- Provides MAT education and offers recovery-based resources to clients with Opioid Use Disorder.
- Provides Community Outreach to include street outreach and case management for community resources, coordination of care.
- Develops and provides services based upon individual service plans
- Prepares intake documentation, progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding behavioral health recipients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures required documentation is completed in accordance with established timelines; including, but not limited to, screenings, assessments and service plans.
- Responsible for productivity expectations as set by supervisor.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Bachelors degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus one years of behavioral health experience required.
- Required to pass MCSO background check.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona drivers license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.