The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Intake Worker & Assistant Resident Manager
LOCATION: Albuquerque Adult Rehabilitation Program
In coordination with the Resident Manager but under the direction of the Program Manager, the Assistant Resident Manager is to assist in the management of the men's residence facility and beneficiaries. As a team member in the Rehabilitation area, he promotes a climate for effective performance and learning through his attitudes, willingness to teach and learn and availability to beneficiaries and staff. Encouragement is given to the individual to continue to seek experience and training which will enhance his ability to work more effectively with beneficiaries. As the Intake Coordinator, he is responsible to reach out into the community to ensure the ARP maintains a good occupancy
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Program graduate with continuing involvement in a program of recovery is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of local community resources
- Ability to use BITS software program
- Computer literate in MS Office Software
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Ability to supervise beneficiaries as revealed by experience, training, and/or interview.
- Possession of valid Driver's License (Required Passenger Endorsements) with acceptable driving record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, resourcefulness, initiative and evidence of self-improvement.
- No evidence of existing chemical dependency.
- If chemically dependent, shall be free of and have had at least one year free of any chemical abuse
- Demonstrate ability to support and apply the philosophy and goals of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Program as stated in the Mission Statement.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.