Kansas City, MO, United States
Intermediate Automotive Tech
Since 1976, eitas has been committed to supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families with services that respect their choices, increase their opportunities, encourage their independence, and assist their inclusion in all aspects of the community. From the joyful, soothing colors to the individualistic styling of the “e”, our logo perfectly expresses our commitment - Empowering Individuals Through Advocacy & Support.
We’re just as committed to our employees, living our values by:
· Communicating openly and honestly
· Always doing our best – giving 100%!
· Making decisions together when possible
· Taking care of each other and ourselves
· Being solution-focused
· Being a representative of eitas in the community
Eitas currently has a full-time opening for an Intermediate Automotive Technician at our Transportation Services facility in Kansas City, MO. This is your opportunity to use your auto skills with top-of-the-line equipment while earning great pay and giving back to your community.
As an Intermediate Automotive Technician, you will gain hands-on experience by utilizing your mechanical aptitude to diagnose technical issues while delivering outstanding service. You will develop your skills with computerized auto diagnostics and hands-on services such as oil changes, tire maintenance, battery installations, and transmission fluid and filter repairs. You will also become familiar with brakes, alignments, and continually learn in the rapidly changing automotive industry. We will train the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Performing routine maintenance, basic diagnostics, brake repairs, fluid exchanges/flushes, routine and electronic preventative maintenance, wheel alignments, and tire installation
- Driving company vehicles to move them in to and out of maintenance areas. Drive external customer vehicles for repair diagnosis and verification
- Demonstrating excellent customer service, which includes providing clear communication and feedback about vehicles to internal and external customers
- Documenting all work performed and parts used on the repair order
- Reporting any safety issues immediately to the Shop Supervisor
- Promoting teamwork to deliver timely and accurate repair work
- Maintaining strict adherence to company policy on vehicle care and operation
- Performing a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, including lifting up to 75 lbs. in weight, standing, bending, and squatting
- Valid driver's license
- Good driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- High School Diploma or equivalent; candidates who are within 1 year of obtaining their GED/equivalent may also apply
- Minimum 1 year of automotive experience including brake repairs, fluid flushes, and preventative maintenance
- Willingness to obtain a Missouri Motor Vehicle Inspection License
- Previous experience diagnosing vehicles and performing road tests
- Must obtain Refrigeration, Recycling and Recovery certificate within first 3 months of employment
- Must obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement within 1 year of employment
- Strong work ethic, independently motivated to produce accurate repair work in a safe, timely manner
- Demonstrate responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
- Display a commitment to learning new technologies within the rapidly changing automotive industry and a willingness to accept training from others
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
- Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
- Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures.
Why technicians LOVE Eitas:
· Competitive Compensation: $18/hr. or more based on experience!
· Regular hours: Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, overtime possible but not required
· Generous Benefits: Which include medical and dental insurance, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability, a company-funded retirement savings plan, 12 company-paid holidays + 1 floating holiday per year. You’ll also earn 22 days of PTO in your first year.
· Environment: You’ll enjoy our clean, well-lit, and climate-controlled shop!
· Safety is our #1 priority!
· Community Impact: Eitas is proud to offer transportation services to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
· Shop Culture: We are team focused and strive to foster a tight-knit interpersonal environment.
· Stability: Our techs were not laid off during the COVID Pandemic.
Set yourself up for long term success, get treated with respect, and stand among other gifted technicians in the industry. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Eitas is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.