Concord Servicing Corporation
Internal Auditor - Scottsdale & Telecommuting Available
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager, the Internal Auditor is responsible for ensuring that policies and procedures are being followed consistently throughout the company in order to verify the accuracy and reliability of internal controls, recommend changes to improve process effectiveness, efficiency and mitigate risk. The nature of this position requires inside contact with company employees at all levels as well as contact with outside client representatives, vendors and other business-related representatives.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Output Validation - Audit daily transactions for Operational groups, Blackwell and Inbound Contact Center. Validate process and procedures for consistency among groups/clients.
- Audits – perform standard internal audits with direction from Director of Internal Auditor - assist with audit setup, process/procedure setup in areas lacking controls, verification and monitoring of departmental reconciliations performed on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement and efficiency of company operational procedures. Identify opportunities for process and control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately mitigated.
- Perform detailed reconciliation of approximately 100 client related bank accounts – including weekly/monthly disbursements and other client banking research.
- Review, modify and document changes to audit procedures as directed.
- Use appropriate judgement in upward communication regarding identified inconsistencies.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- An accounting or finance degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience in banking and auditing preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented, self- motivated, possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively present information, both written and oral; respond to questions from company management and staff.
- Proven self-starter with high motivation and initiative, with orientation to accuracy and detail.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate results constructively and effectively and able to work well with others.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently, Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.