Freedom Financial Network
Internal Communications Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, youll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. Its a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing whats right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
Who is Freedom Financial Network? A company whose mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future. An established, profitable business with employees who love working here enough to vote it Best Places to Work. Whose customers say things like they saved my marriage, they helped me develop a healthier relationship with money, and I can sleep at night now that I have Freedom in my corner.
We are looking for a seasoned and thoughtful Internal Communications Manager to join our growing communications team -- to help tell our story to a community of over 2400 employees in our two offices in Tempe, AZ and San Mateo, CA . The Freedom Communications team works cross-functionally across the company to consistently communicate and deliver on our brand promise and shape internal and external perceptions of our brand, products and business. This is a key role on a team whose charter is to tell the story of Freedom Financial Network to its most important constituents in a way that reflects the uniqueness of the company, our employees, our customers, and the broader communities we serve.
Our Internal Communications Manager will be a crucial part of a developing team -- supporting the Sr Manager, Corporate Communications, in developing and implementing internal communications strategies and plans that engage, align, and inspire employees with Freedom Financial Networks mission, vision, business strategy and culture.
This role will be instrumental in empowering our employees to embody and deliver on our brand promise by building employee understanding and engagement on company priorities and key initiatives. The Internal Communications Manager will recommend and plan internal communications strategies, programs, or activities that address specific business issues or employee needs. By informing and engaging our internal audience, the Internal Communications Manager will help drive employee engagement while instilling a sense of pride in purpose and continuing to build a strong culture with shared values, and a common mission.
To be successful, you are someone who wants to have an impact, in big and small ways. You understand and embrace strategic direction and thrive on tactical execution to deliver on the strategy. You are naturally collaborative and can work with cross-functional partners across the organization. You build programs and platforms to engage employee audiences. You jump in to solve problems and take pride in the quality of work you deliver. You are a terrific communicator and listen to all sides before stating your informed point of view. You have a track record of delivering outstanding results in a way that garners unparalleled respect from those you interface with.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications program with specific strategies and action plans to effectively communicate with and influence internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, Marketing, Product, and other functional areas, as well as the rest of the Freedom Communications team, develop and execute strategies that earn employee commitment and engagement in key initiatives for the organization.
- Participate in crisis communication preparedness activities.
- Produce ongoing employee communications in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Draft messages or talking points from senior executives for internal presentations in a variety of formats.
- Develop communications measurement materials to gauge the effectiveness and interest level of internal audiences.
- Create innovative ways to effectively communicate information within the company and motivate employees.
- 5+ yrs experience in internal communications.
- Bachelors degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, human resources management, marketing or a related field required.
- Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large, fast-growing organization.
- Experience in writing on deadline for a variety of different audiences, editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond. Seeks opportunities to contribute to the teams broader success.
- Strong writer and storyteller who can create and deliver compelling, effective messaging across an organization.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth theres a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFNs Talent Acquisition leader.