International Student Assistant (Temp PT)
Position Title: International Student Assistant (Temp PT)
Department: Enrollment Services
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Consists of a 25-hour workweek Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Actual working hours to be determined at the onset of employment. This position will require working evenings and Saturdays.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
Job Slot: N/A
Job Open Date: 8/18/2023
Job Close Date: 10/20/2023
General Summary: The International Student Assistant serves as the primary conduit for receiving, processing International Student documentation for new and continuing students. The assistant performs all duties related to processing of International Student Admissions and Retention. In addition, this assistant will provide administrative support for the enrollment services area as needed.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. A bachelor's degree is required and a minimum of one year previous student or customer service experience. Bi-lingual is preferred. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Excellent communication and public speaking skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with people. Excellent written communication skills especially in the areas of report writing and business correspondence. Knowledge of the Community College and Higher Education system.
International Student Duties
1. Conduct day-to-day interaction with students.
2. Receive and process International Student Admissions documentation.
3. Communicate with students requests for additional documentation.
4. Create reports in support of International Student Admissions and Retention.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of International Students.
Enrollment Services Duties
1. Provide administrative support and coverage at reception area when possible.
2. Support enrollment services by entering data in the Student Information System.
3. Provide excellent student and customer service by answering questions from visitors and callers.
4. Be responsible for understanding the new student enrollment process to direct student issues in a timely and professional manner.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4801083
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.