Metro Water District
METRO WATER DISTRICT is seeking candidates to fill an Inventory Specialist position. The ideal candidate must exercise independent judgment, professionalism, initiative, and be highly motivated with the ability to work directly with vendors and District employees.
· Under direction of the Financial Control Supervisor, maintains inventory of parts, equipment, material, and supplies used for the maintenance and management of the District. Be able to exercise a considerable degree of independence and initiative in organizing, and coordinating work.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains and updates inventory records in a software database to record issued, received, returned, and damaged parts, pricing, and vendors contact information.
· Receives requests from District staff for inventory parts and supplies.
· Processes purchase orders.
· Communicates with vendors including preparing requests for price quotations, terms, discounts, availability, and delivery dates.
· Oversees the ordering, receipt and delivery of supplies and materials.
· Monitors the inventory stocking levels, sets reorder levels, and performs periodic
· Maintains adequate on-site inventory.
· Keeps inventory shelves/bins clearly labeled, and maintains shelves/bin organization.
· Coordinates and conducts annual physical inventory of multiple warehouse sites and conducts continual cycle counting.
· Coordinates physical inventory counts, reconciles discrepancies, and establishes minimum/maximum stock levels.
· Receives and processes materials received in accordance with District policies and procedures; verifies incoming shipments for accuracy, appropriate quantity, and quality; verifies the condition of all materials received and makes sure the items received match the purchase order.
· Maintains a variety of logs, records, and files relating to the purchase and procurement of parts and supplies.
The salary range for this position is $43,401 - $67,122. The District offers full competitive benefits and membership in the Arizona State Retirement System. To be considered, submit a letter of interest, and resume via email to email@example.com; deadline for applying will be February 22, 2021. For more information, please contact Billie Sue Morelli, Human Resources Manager at 520-209-2848.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Three (3) years of accounting, inventory control and warehouse experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred qualification – would be certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Inventory