Investor Reporter and Quality control Team Lead
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Investor Reporter and Quality control Team Lead is proficient in the monthly remittances to all investors and accurately identifies, resolves, and documents all outstanding items within the Mortgage Servicing division. This position will also oversee the overall Quality Control of the Mortgage Servicing Division. The role is responsible for analyzing post audit findings and coordinating the response to address systemic issues while contributing to the timely and accurate servicing of loans.
- Ensures investor remittances adhere to investor requirements.
- Remains up to date on changes to investor reporting processes.
- Completes necessary research on any outstanding items, check for accuracy, completeness and compliance in accordance with the investor guidelines and internal policies.
- Accurately identifies, resolves and documents all outstanding QC, Audit and Investor items.
- Pulls reports from operations systems.
- Provides timely and accurate reports to all Investors.
- Continues to build knowledge of the flow of funds through investors, which may vary on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in order to best service loans.
- Works closely with appropriate personnel to resolve outstanding items and find solutions.
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly reconciliation of all loan data provided to Investors and immediately corrects any errors noted by the Investor.
- Reconciles purchases from Investors with FICS, making the necessary entries and applying funds.
- Submits delinquency reports to each Investor and governing entity on a monthly basis.
- Images/scans/indexes documents.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, bank policies and procedures, and work in conjunction with the servicing and operations staff, credit administration, compliance and legal departments to ensure loans are serviced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees quality control of all areas of the mortgage servicing operation.
- Performs a wide range of quality control audits.
- Audits a 10% sample selection of servicing loans to ensure accuracy and compliance has been met.
- Reviews audit findings and performs root cause analysis in order to implement procedures to address systemic issues.
- Communicates effectively with key personnel in the mortgage servicing division to obtain responses to findings noted during audits.
- Serves as the GSE Liaison
- Works directly with compliance to ensure correct policies and procedures are in place.
- Oversees adherence to all laws and regulations pertaining to residential lending.
- Works with third party quality control partners to insure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Complies with all Banking Regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- High School preferred and
- Coursework in accounting or bookkeeping, preferred
- 3-5 years in banking or mortgage servicing.
- Prior experience in mortgage servicing/investor relations.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping.
- General knowledge and experience with loan documentation associate
Schedule Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will