Tonawanda, NY, United States
IT Application Developer
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $30.8 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
POSITION QUALIFICATION SUMMARY:
The Business Unit IT Solutions Developer (Dev) will join a business unit IT team, part of the larger Global ITS organization. These business centric IT teams allow for business-focused development of new, cutting edge, solutions and integrating overall global IT initiatives into the business. In this role, the Dev will be responsible for the business unit’s software development activities and best practices. This includes contributing to or leading the development of business unit wide software focused on affordability, reusability, sustainability, and state-of-the art design. The Dev will function in a DevOps environment, being called upon to develop, maintain, and support applications that solve challenging business problems within the business unit. This may involve working in an Agile way using standard Agile toolsets.
The Dev would be expected to work independently and/or in conjunction with appropriate business unit leaders or cross-functional teams during any engagement. They would be tasked with understanding technological and business problems and focused on delivering cutting-edge solutions. The Dev must possess the ability to architect or integrate the appropriate solution from the ground up based on a set of business requirements.
Enjoy a hybrid work schedule with 25% travel, 401K AND pension plan, and with Linde being a global organization of 80,000+ people, there is so much room for growth.
- Work with business stakeholders & ITS team members to develop state of the art business solutions
- Learn the core business in order to anticipate the needs of your users before they do
- Enhance, support, and maintain new and existing applications
- Stay abreast of new technology developments and actively contribute ideas for new projects
(Salary and Job Level Commensurate with Experience)
- BS in Comp Science or Engineering with a strong passion for technology and business
- Min 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent query and design experience in an RDBMS environment such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- Must be able to interface with internal business partners, external vendors and customers from a variety of cultures and business backgrounds utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
- Ability to work independently and set aggressive personal goals
- Advanced Degree in appropriate technical or business field
- Experience developing with the .NET stack and web development (asp.net), or REACT.js; and willingness to learn/use new programming languages
- Experience developing mobile apps in a write-once deploy-anywhere approach such as Xamerin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.