It Helpdesk Analyst III
Job Description SummaryAs an IT Help Desk Analyst III working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for answering and resolving support calls from end users in accordance with the SLA.
We trust that as the IT Help Desk Analyst III you will: (responsibilities)
- Network/email account setups
- IRIS user setup
- Newstar Sales/Salesforce new user setups
- Newstar Enterprise
- MSCRM Toolbox user setups
- Lync account setup
- Encompass account setups (TMHF only)
- Active Directory/GAL Maintenance
- Network password resets
- Password resets in various applications
- IT Exit Form Process/Tracking
- RDP session resets
- RDP published application setups/troubleshoot/support
- Phone/iPad support
- Smartphone support
- Printer installations
- Network Copier/Scanner support/setup on network
- MS Office, O365 & various software issues
- Troubleshoot basic hardware issues
- VPN hardware/software troubleshooting
- Digital Sales Office support
- Send out I.T. related application/server downtime alerts to users
- Assist with conversions and upgrades as needed
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
- 4+ years hands on experience in network, hardware, software administration and telecommunications with remote support experience
- Professional experience with Windows 2010, Windows 10, Office 2010, 2013, 2016, O365, Cisco Firewalls
- Professional experience with wireless communications and VPN technologies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Surface Pro tablets/HP Desktops and various other models of PCs/Tablets
- Proficiency in Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server
- LAN/WAN configurations and operations
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment to include Routers, Firewall and Switches
- Clear understanding of protocols and the ability to configure and troubleshoot them
- (TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, EIGRP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, VPN, BGP, Network Monitor etc.)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.