Advanced Drainage Systems
Hilliard, OH, United States
Item Level Scheduler (Allied)
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Item Level Scheduler (Allied) is responsible for owning the short-term item level production plan for all Allied products to ensure that required inventory levels are optimized for Finished Goods in New Miami and Middletown plants and are maintained to meet or exceed customer order fill rates to expected OTIFNE Service Level.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing all third-party relationships including vendors and manufacturers for auto replenishments
- Point of contact for internal coordination between functions including Planning, Procurement, and Logistics
- Systematizes production planning activities by leveraging knowledge of ERP and supporting systems capabilities
- Plan and implement the short-term production plan for a Product Business Unit (PBU) within min and max inventory targets
- Create a Plan for Every Part (PFEP)
- Monitor inventory levels and identify configuration opportunities
- Build relationship with assigned Product Business Unit (PBU)
- Conduct weekly plant meetings to align production to support aggregate plan
- Drive continuous improvement through process adherence
- Identify scheduling bottlenecks preventing optimal production ticket
- Ensure that optimum inventory level of Finished Goods are maintained to meet or exceed customer order fill rates
- Identify and resolve short supply exceptions through escalation
- Execute root cause and identify corrective actions
- Participate in monthly S&OP supply meetings with manufacturing partners
- Understands, demonstrates, and contributes to developing Standard Work
- Utilization of a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for inventory strategies
- Timely and accurate submission of required reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software Oracle and Arkieva is highly preferred. Other ERP software such as SAP, etc., will be considered.
- Create a Plan for Every Part Strategy (PFEP)
- Strong bias for action and issue resolution
- Shares and leverages learning’s within working team
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player across all levels of the organization (internally/externally)
- Good time and project management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong data analytic skills preferred
- Experienced with other software packages including Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering and/or computer science - preferred major in Supply Chain Management. Entry level applicants accepted.
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.