Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Junior Appraisal Analyst
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
Purpose and function of job:
Review and quality control residential real estate appraisals and underwrite mortgage lending collateral.
- Perform Reviews of Loan Origination appraisals that are rep and warrant eligible for the investors. Underwrite collateral in loan origination process. Communicate review results in a timely and professional manner, production consistent with team levels and goals.
- Vendor Management - Communicate asset-level quality control issues to Valuations Team Lead and/or Manager.
- Cross-functional Support - Assist other teams in the Underwriting group as needed. This may include sharing of market data or industry information and communicating issues or solutions. This also includes reputation management through professional behavior and courteous communications with other enterprise associates.
Education and experience requirements:
- Education level: Bachelor's degree preferred, or work experience equivalency.
- Major field of study: Real Estate, Management, Business, or Finance (recommended)
- Certifications or special training needed: Mortgage or Real Estate experience preferred
- Total years and type of prior related experience: Some experience with appraisals, mortgage industry, or real estate preferred
Requirements specific to this position:
- Knowledge and understanding of agency guidelines and requirements including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Knowledge of market theory
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- PC skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Casual Workplace
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Pet Insurance!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing has grown to become one of Americas largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms) contract with us to manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, including collecting homeowners mortgage payments, paying homeowners tax and insurance bills, and helping homeowners in default to get current once again.
Our mission at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing is to deliver best-in-class portfolio performance for our clients by providing all homeowners with exceptional customer service. We recognize that our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer the training, modern technology, and tools for you to be successful. There could not be a more exciting time than right now to join our growing team, where you can be part of the success.