Martin Marietta - Quivas
Johnstown, CO, United States
Martin Marietta has several openings for Laborer positions at our operations located in Greeley and Fort Collins.
This is a career-type position with a top company with great benefits.
Starting Pay rates are commensurate with skill and experience level.
This position involves various manual tasks including, but not limited to, the following: shoveling; sweeping; lifting, pushing and pulling various objects and raking. Willingness to learn to operate various equipment, such as a skid steer, backhoe, pavers, rollers, etc.
- 1-3 years asphalt industry experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects; performs manual work in preparing surfaces for paving.
- Shovels, rakes and spreads asphalt material.
- Assists in patching asphalt with hot and cold mix.
- Excavates and fills trenches and ditches.
- Coordinates backing of truck and dumping asphalt into paver.
- Assists in placement and moving of various traffic control devices.
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Perform well in a “TEAM” environment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry, including overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver license is required.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Physical Requirements & Conditions.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled