Centers Health Care
Saint James, NY
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is seeking an experienced Laundry Attendant to work full-time for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in St. James, New York. Experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility required.
- Collects, sorts, washes, dries, folds, and distributes all laundry items to residents.
- Presses/irons garments as requested.
- Labels residents’ personal laundry and linens as directed.
- Cleans dryer filters as necessary.
- Ensures adequate supply of laundry supplies are in stock.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies are low.
- Keeps laundry carts clean and in good working order.
- Maintaining a clean workspace environment.
- Properly store equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Keeps a log of missing items, and returns them when found.
- Reports any mechanical or equipment needs to the supervisor.
- Reports any questionable resident conditions to the supervisor.
- One-year experience working with laundry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- A positive and upbeat attitude
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is a state-of-the-art facility providing long term and short term stay, with dedicated quality care. We work tirelessly to make sure your loved ones are cared for across all levels of rehabilitation. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute-care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V