The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Las Vegas, NV
Lead Case Manager - Rapid Rehousing
LOCATION: The Salvation Army - Family Services
STATUS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lead Case Manager will provide guidance and support to the Family Services case managers and case workers, training new employees and encouraging their development. They will develop and maintain files related to Family Services programs and general human service issues that can be used to improve service deliveries to clients and the community, revising program policies and procedures as necessary. This position collaborates with other TSA departments and outside agencies to maximize positive outcomes, missions and goal attainment. The LCM will be responsible for submitting monthly narrative, statistical and grant reports as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with clients in crisis and the strong ability to effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations. Experience with conflict resolution. Awareness of drug and alcohol addictions and familiarity with the complex cycles of poverty. Ability to effectively work with those who may suffer mental illness.
- Must have an outgoing, positive approach to working with a diverse population. Cultural sensitivity.
- Knowledge of mainstream community resources including Division of Welfare and Supportive Services, Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority, Clark County Social Services, Department of Family Services and Child Protective Services as well as a multitude of other service providers and agencies throughout Clark County.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use current Microsoft software computer programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, as well as Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and general internet.
- Excellent interpersonal, telephone and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organization and file management skills.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative; must be able to maintain program/participant/agency confidentiality and treat everyone with dignity and respect. Ability to work alone and as a part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule, address multiple projects in a timely manner and take projects from beginning through completion. Prioritize the best practices for the maximum outcome.
- Knowledge of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Reliable transportation.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.