***The ideal candidate will reside in Nevada or Utah***
CVS Health is currently hiring for a Government Affairs Lead Director to join our dynamic team. This role will direct and oversee Government Relations/Regulatory Relations support for a primary business operation of the Company or for a specific issue of major importance to the Company. Overall responsibility for client relations/satisfaction for area(s) supported.
The Lead Director will have strong skills in analyzing, understanding and translating complex legislative, regulatory and policy issues in order to advise on pending legislation, regulations, changes in key government policy and other government relations matters pertinent to the Company.
* Directing and overseeing Government Relations/Regulatory Relations including working with state government agencies and lobbying those entities.
* Demonstrating familiarity with state legislative and regulatory processes and politics.
Developing and maintaining effective relationships with state officials, legislators, regulators, associations and other groups important to advocacy efforts.
*Negotiating legislative, regulatory and public policy positions in adversarial situations and representing a Company before specific State legislatures and high level regulators.
* Support the growth and retention of large State procurements for assigned region/states as they pertain to Medicaid and the Public Sector.
* Addressing critical matters related to the legislative and regulatory environment, including rate and product issues related to commercial insurance, Medicaid, State budget and appropriations matters.
* Providing government relations/regulatory relations support to designated client areas and/or within major area(s) of expertise.
* Partnering and leveraging outside counsel and external resources/relationships with stakeholder groups that will promote CVSHs business expertise and presence.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
*7+ years of experience in government affairs including working in state government and/or lobbying those entities.
*2+ years of experience in general business, pharmacy, retail, pharmacy benefit management, insurance or healthcare issues.
* This role requires 50% travel during peak legislative sessions. The region will focus on the specified states in the western United States, with Nevada or Utah the primary state.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
* Multi-state experience in healthcare industry, experience with state Medicaid and health insurance programs a plus.
* Ability to handle several complex and difficult projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
* Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Company management, retained counsel, legislators and other elected/appointed officials, regulators, staff of trade associations and other key stakeholders.
* Ability to manage contract lobbyists.
Bachelors degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.