Local Motors, Inc.
Lead Engineer - Powertrain & High Voltage
Posted over 1 month ago
- The role of the Lead Engineer Powertrain and High Voltage Electrical is to conduct the Design & Engineering of the vehicle high voltage electrical system architecture, according to program timing and budget. The role will include working with team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver proper solutions according to plan.
- The candidate will follow process for quality control throughout the product development life cycle. Additionally, will be requested to manage multiple projects, resources and deadlines and provide updates to the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as technical interface between development partners and Local Motors Engineering.
- Lead requirements development, analysis and architecture trade-off study for electrified powertrain systems and components.
- Organize and execute development and validation test plans for HV and powertrain systems.
- Lead technical design proposals, development and related review meetings.
- Technical lead for customer specific project execution.
- Understanding of Model Based Development on Powertrain software analysis.
- Support and co-develop vehicle software/firmware for functional safety and fail-safe requirements, from project beginning to end with software development teams.
- Follow project scope and deliverables to support program goals in collaboration with engineering and program management.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Track and report project status to the program team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, searching for solutions quickly and effectively to ensure success.
- Follow established product development processes, leading the development of new processes for company adoption where required.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Cooperate and coordinate development with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- 2-5 years industry related experience is a plus.
- In depth knowledge and work experience with developing HV battery systems, power electronics, AC Motors, and power distribution.
- Understanding of control requirements for HV and electric powertrain systems.
- Automotive industry experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink and vehicle powertrain simulation.
- Experience with communication protocols, e.g.: CAN, LIN, Vector Canalyzer, CANAPE