Steward Health Care System
Lead Environmental Services Worker - Full Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Skilled and proficient in maximizing environmental services and patient transport department tasks to provide for timely and appropriate coordination. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Experienced in coordinating workflow of others, equipment, etc. per company policy and three-year experience as a dispatcher in a hospital setting preferred.
- Broad knowledge in dispatching and coordination of services.
- Ability to correctly spell and type 35 words per minute.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standard related to transportation services in healthcare.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Assists and intervenes as appropriate to maintain quality of services and to prevent delays in patient transports for EVS, Patient Transport and Laundry, portraying a positive attitude and stresses teamwork.
- Knowledgeable in and has a general understanding of the various duties within environmental services and the department of transport, with the ability to assist as needed.
- Assist in training all assigned personnel in proper procedures.
- Utilizes effective logic, while adhering to the policies and procedures of the department in prioritizing tasks and assignments to the appropriate staff, while maximizing productivity. Expediting bed turnover and transports to aide in the patient throughput process.
- Re-assigns staff as needed, while adhering to the policies and procedures of the department to ensure all duties are covered and/or make any adjustment and covers schedules as needed during times of short staffing.
- Ensures timely response to all hospital requests and monitors timeliness.
- Understands and applies knowledge of basic patient transport concepts, infection control practices, and proper body mechanics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.