Lincoln Property Company
Lead Porter / Groundskeeper
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working along side a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
NOW OFFERING A $1,000 NEW HIRE BONUS
A Day in the Life of a Lead Porter/Groundskeeper:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Lead Porter Groundskeeper, you will perform routine cleaning and upkeep of grounds, buildings, amenities and surrounding areas in a multifamily residential community. You will also operate tools, machinery and other equipment to complete tasks in an efficient manner. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards. In this capacity, oversight of other porter/groundskeeper staff as well as inspections may be required.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- With general guidance and direction, performs routine cleaning and maintenance of grounds, amenities, building exteriors district office, pool and recreation areas, parking lots and other areas surrounding the
- Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and brush).
- May help with snow shoveling (where applicable) of sidewalks and other main entry
- Assist in the preparation of make ready units including removal of trash from vacant homes (trash outs), touch up paint, and general cleaning prior to make-ready.
- Assists with various physical tasks as directed; carrying and removal of abandoned furniture, tools, appliances, and other
- Assists with repairs, replacement and installation of window and door screens, lightbulb and other
- Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
- Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
- May perform minor interior and exterior touch up painting/caulking.
- Cleans air conditioning vents, replaces air filters, and smoke detectors.
- Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to management.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and other work-related events.
- Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested by the maintenance supervisor.
- Typical responsibilities include: Frequent walking and monitoring of upkeep and cleanliness of grounds, district office and clubhouse, fitness room, restrooms, pool and recreation areas, restrooms and surrounding areas of the community.
- Oversight of other porter/groundskeepers.
- Assigns staff to designated areas and ensures routine functions are being performed to Lincolns standard.
- Performs inspections of playgrounds and reports items in need of repair to the maintenance supervisor.
What You Need for Success:
- Entry level to 6 months of general custodial/ maintenance
- Beginning level understanding of grounds
- Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job
- Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
- Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65
- Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and
- Extensive walking and
- Ability to climb up and down stairs/
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud
- May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical
- Must be willing to work indoor/outdoor environments, in all weather conditions, and potentially hazardous
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and healthcare coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.