Local Motors, Inc.
Lead Powertrain and High Voltage Engineer - Knoxville, TN Location
Posted over 1 month ago
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as technical interface between development partners and Local Motors Electrical Engineering.
- Lead requirements development, analysis and architecture trade-off study for electrified powertrain systems and components.
- Lead technical design proposals, development and related review meetings.
- Technical lead for customer specific project execution.
- Solid understanding of Model Based Development on Powertrain software analysis.
- Analyze the component selections, simulation of the system as a whole in whole using various advanced vehicle simulation tools.
- Develop vehicle software/firmware for functional safety and fail-safe requirements, from project beginning to end.
- Follow project scope and deliverables to support program goals in collaboration with engineering and program management.
- Work towards realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Develop requirements documentation and hardware/software change requests.
- Track and report project status to the program team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, searching for solutions quickly and effectively to ensure success.
- Follow established product development processes, leading the development of new processes for company adoption where required.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Participate in software (design, code) reviews.
- Cooperate and coordinate development with other vehicle development team members to ensure overall goals are achieved.
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Provide technical support to Local Motors manufacturing facilities through plant visits, conference calls, etc.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 - 7 years minimum related experience in industry with management experience a plus.
- Experience in automotive high voltage power electronics is required.
- In depth knowledge and work experience with developing and operating HEV/PHEV/BEV powertrain systems, such as Battery Management Systems, E-Drive Inverter & Motor controls, HEV/EV vehicle control, DC/DC converter, On Board Charger or DC Off Board Charger, Lithion-Ion Battery Systems.
- Experience with SFMEA, DFMEA, Functional Safety analysis for automotive electronics products.
- Knowledge and experience with UDS diagnostic services and functional diagnostics development for products, exposure to ISO26262, MISRA.
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink and vehicle powertrain simulation.
- Experience with communication protocols, e.g.: CAN, LIN, UART, SPI, I2C, UDS, XCP, Vector Canalyzer, CANAPE
- Experience with FREE RTOS, AUTOSAR, others.
- Experience with writing bootloaders
- Experience with software maturity models, such as Automotive SPICE, System Weaver.
- Computer skills: In addition to the requirements above, the candidate must have experience with MS Office, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word and Excel, Outlook, and other Office suite tools.