The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Lead Program Assistant
LOCATION: Phoenix Family Services – Phoenix, Arizona
STATUS: FT - 40 hrs/wk
The Lead Program Assistant responds to intake queries, collects, records and analyzes documentation and referral sources; selects those candidates who are eligible and appropriate for admission; refers candidates to other programs as necessary. This position will supervise and direct Program Assistant's weekly schedule, ensuring coverage to meet program needs. The Lead PA will also mentor and evaluate PA's and report issues that require correction, increased observation, or positive feedback as well as training for new and current staff. The Lead PA will coordinate and oversee clients living quarters, personal property, and assistance such as support group meetings, church services, and special events.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- College courses related to social services or social services experience preferred
- 2 years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer/typing skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Ability to write reports & to calculate basic figures and numbers for statistical tracking
- Ability to handle crisis/emergency situations or services for the homeless situations and to utilize crisis intervention and conflict resolution skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
- Must be able to work various shifts/ weekends/ holidays, and provide coverage for staff call outs if needed, and take on-call duties as scheduled/appropriate
- Must pass a criminal background check
- AZ DL with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass The Salvation Army Fleet Safety e-learning
- Must be up-to-date with all Protect the Mission protocols and trainings within 90 days of hire
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.