Davis Wright Tremaine
Legal Document Specialist
The Legal Document Specialist works on a firm-wide team that is responsible for performing high volume, advanced word processing tasks, including typing legal pleadings and documents, using templates, performing mail merges, working with automatic features and form documents, advanced Excel functions and polished PowerPoint presentations using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Kofax Power PDF, Workshare Compare, Intapp Time Entry, Litera Contract Companion, and other software as needed.
NOTE: The hours of this position are Sunday through Thursday, 9:00 am-5:30 pm PT and offers the flexibility to work remotely.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Perform a high volume of word processing tasks using software that includes, but is not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Kofax Power PDF, Workshare Compare, Intapp Time Entry, and Litera Contract Companion; work may arrive in hard copy, electronic, or digital dictation formats
- Scan text documents and format using Styles; cleaning up electronically transmitted files and documents
- Create and edit documents using templates and formatting for automatic feature applications (table of contents, table of authorities, auto numbering and headings via styles, etc.)
- Create and edit book formats, chapters for client desk books, employment manuals, handbooks, benefit plans, etc.
- Create and edit Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and various Visio documents
- Assist Systems Department with user input regarding new software or software adjustments/ enhancements
- Help staff and attorneys with troubleshooting and solving document issues
- Proofread all work performed
- Maintain a punctual schedule and regular attendance
- Attend training classes to stay current in appropriate software
- Work as part of a team of operators located within other offices throughout the firm, as well as a vendor
- 5+ years experience as a legal word/document processor
- Demonstrated advanced skills using MS Office products that include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio; as well as Kofax Power PDF
- Ability to create templates and diagrams, perform mail merges, use styles proficiently, and create automatic features and form documents
- Ability to create professional and aesthetically pleasing PPT presentations using skills in transitions and animation, SmartArt, WordArt, text/picture effects, and inserting audio and video clips
- Ability to work with complex Excel spreadsheets with knowledge of formulas, filters, VLOOKUP, and pivot tables
- Visio knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of software in order to provide document problem-solving assistance
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to organize assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients and staff
- Ability to work in a service-oriented environment
- Excellent command of the English language, with emphasis on vocabulary, grammar, spelling, punctuation skills, and proofreading of the work product
- Ability to work overtime if needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.