Pompano Beach, FL
Licensed Laboratory Technologist | Tamarac, FL
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client looking for a Licensed laboratory technologist with specialties of hematology chemistry responsible for the smooth running and accurate reporting of all laboratory tests performed on site. Also responsible for accurate transmission of laboratory reports from outside sources to physicians and patient charts.
- Qualifications include current and valid State of Florida licensure and Laboratory Technologist with specialty of Hematology and Chemistry; has excellent communication skills and is proficient in computer usage.
- Responsible for having updated procedure manual, quality control, quality assurance, instrument maintenance records and proficiency test records organized and available for lab accreditation inspections.
- Identifies and authors any new policies and procedures that may be required to meet state guidelines.
- Completes and files CLIA and State license renewal forms.
- Performs annual competency evaluations of lab employees.
- Duties include performing duties of laboratory technologist/technician, order supplies for department, reviews invoices and billing statements, maintain policies, procedures, objectives, safety and infection control standards at all times.
- Insures that all lab equipment is properly maintained according to manufacturer specifications. Coordination of day to day operation of lab with technician including proper handling of specimens, insuring tests are performed according to protocol and patient results are reported in a timely manner.
- Insures daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance is performed and documented to meet requirements of state regulations.
- Troubleshoots analyzer malfunctions and notifies tech support and service when necessary.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality control program to insure reliability of testing procedure and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Effective communicator with patients, family members, co-workers and management.
- Team member and initiates new ideas and projects that enhance patient care.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in Tamarac, FL
- Strict Covid-19 Protocols applicable.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.