Centers Health Care
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant
Holliswood Center is actively seeking Licensed Physical Therapist Assistants to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Jamaica, NY.
PTA Duties Include:
- Measuring & recording Resident's motor function, strength and muscle performance.
- Observe Residents and write progress reports.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with a variety of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents on how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle and improve mobility.
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to a team effort.
PTA Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited PTA Program
- Current New York State PTA License
- Experience in long-term-care settings preferred
Holliswood Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 314-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New Yorks beautiful Hollis neighborhood. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Holliswood Centers staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each residents dignity and independence. Holliswood Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.