Centers Health Care
Staten Island, NY
Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistants
Richmond Center is actively seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to work in our Skilled Nursing Home Facility located in Staten Island, NY.
PTA Duties Include:
- Measuring & recording Resident's motor function, strength, and muscle performance.
- Observe Residents and write progress reports.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with a variety of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents on how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle and improve mobility.
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping the information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to the team effort.
PTA Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited PTA Program
- Current New York State PTA License
- Experience in long-term-care settings preferred
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each residents dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.