Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Resident Therapist for our Haven and Villa Agave residential facilities! Work schedule is Monday through Friday. The Resident Therapist position is designed to provide a 2- 2.5 year career development position for persons just obtaining an associate level license who have an interest in a mixed clinical and administrative career track in Behavioral Health. The Resident BHP will participate fully in designing, coordination, and collaboration of a holistic treatment setting that considers client wellness, Behavioral Health, Co-Occurring, Co-morbid, Clinical Assessment and life issues based on the needs of individuals served and specific program goals.
Salary: starts at $58,000 annually. We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $3500 upon hire.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess a variety of skills to successfully perform their duties.
- Flexible with schedule
- Patience under stress
- Treat both staff and members with respect
- Set priorities, be organized and be a self-starter
- Be friendly, empathic and an adept communicator
- Ability to work in a team and to share responsibilities and duties
About the Position
The Resident BHP position is designed to provide a 2- 2.5 year career development position for persons just obtaining an associate level license who have an interest in a mixed clinical and administrative career track in Behavioral Health. Programs are designed to work with vulnerable SMI and other adult populations in residential and community settings. The Resident BHP will participate fully in designing, coordination, and collaboration of a holistic treatment setting that considers client wellness, Behavioral Health, Co-Occurring, Co-morbid, Clinical Assessment and life issues based on the needs of individuals served and specific program goals. The Resident BHP will participate in assuring and providing Clinical Quality of services and that the program produces measurable qualitative and quantifiable outcomes at standard levels set by SBH, payers, and contract requirements. The Resident BHP will be assigned to oversee staff as part of the management team and learn to manage staff issues, work with other Program Coordinators to consult and participate in team based projects, and collaborate on all issues with the assigned Program Director, Clinical Department and VP.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works to develop career within a mixed clinical and administrative career track in Behavioral Health
- Expected to work toward Independent licensure through completing associated requirements
- Acts as a secondary BHP Clinical Lead; provides, plans, supervises, and delivers direct care services for seriously mentally ill adults, with Co-Occurring and Co-morbid Disorders in a residential or community setting; individual, group, or family format.
- Implements a sound clinical program based on current contemporary treatment models, individual and system needs, and outcomes; uses a global programmatic approach and refines clinical programming based on changing needs
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment or case plans, assessment criteria, programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Responsible to ensure coordination of care across a multi-disciplinary system of community providers
- Reviews, signs, and completes through direct service provision; assessment, diagnosis, and service planning in a lead position to ensure quality of care and client progression in services
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week as to be involved in the treatment and care of each client.
- Links to community resources for integration purposes, socialization, recreation, education, occupation, and vocational purpose; Plans and participates in providing group activities
- Participates in Peer Review process and consults with supervisors and peers to improve service delivery
- Responsible for clinically sound documentation and upkeep of clinical records in accordance with clinical requirements and data validation standards with a proficiency of 50% or greater in each category.
- Available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends, as the schedule requires.
- Required to carry a Smart phone and be on call (24 hours) as assigned.
- Masters degree in the behavioral health or related field (psychology, social work, education) and at least one year of internship direct experience.
- Must have a qualified Associate Level Behavioral Health license issued from the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners or have applied before start of employment.
- Qualified Behavioral Health License or application in process
- Desire to work in a clinical Behavioral Health profession with mixed administrative duties
- Must have the ability to learn how to hold staff accountable and meet the objectives set by supervisors.
- Academic knowledge of clinical methods and procedures; ability to provide, monitor and oversee effective clinical interventions.
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&Hs mission, Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.