Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
In this position, you will support the underwriting team by completing key functions to open the loan, obtain borrower documentation, update the Loan Origination system with critical borrower-specific data and work with third parties to obtain needed documentation for the underwriter to complete the review and approval of the loan.
This role works closely with all mortgage loan team members to ensure that all required documentation is obtained and that the loan is decisioned within stated turn times. You should possess and maintain current working knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations and basic underwriting guidelines for conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs.
Under general direction from the Sr. Manager, Underwriting, the Loan Processor role performs daily functions relative to file setup, ordering and tracking of third party loan participants such as Insurance Loss Payee and Employer Verifications of Employment.
- Opens the loan file in the Loan Origination System (LOS).
- Orders Title and Title Fees and inputs data in LOS.
- Clears assigned tasks for each file as loan progresses through various status changes.
- Orders Loss Payee from Homeowners Insurance Agent
- Completes a 3rd party validation of the borrowers employer
- Orders and obtains the Verbal Verification of Employment for each borrower
- Completes specific data input based on documentation received into the LOS
- Tracks the receipt of borrower required documents and documents from 3rd Party vendors
- 1-3 Years Mortgage Experience in Processing and/or Post Closing
- A minimum of two years of data entry experience and familiarity with loan operations are required.
- Two to four years of experience in real estate law office or bank mortgage operations department is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Eligible to complete state and federal MLO licensing requirements, including but not limited to required pre-license education, state and federal testing, and federal background checks to obtain an appropriate license to conduct business in all states deemed necessary by the company
- Ability to work in a continually-changing, entrepreneurial team environment
- Great communication skills, self-motivation, positive attitude
- Embodies the four Freedom core values: Care, Collaboration, Get Better, and Act with Integrity
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
This is your chance to join Freedoms newest division and get in on the ground floor of our next great opportunity. If that sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.