Silver Spring, MD
Loan Servicing Production Specialist I - II
Responsible for setting up all types of new loans into the banks core system (IBS) Integrated Banking System, timely and accurately. Perform variety of loan servicing activities such as; account maintenance, change of address, auto debit, payment adjustments, timely, and in accordance with department policy. Processes loan payments and pay offs, mail out loan statements, and process General Ledger entries using PeopleSoft. Process loan funding and prepare new funded loans for booking. Review reports and perform other duties as assigned.
- Book new notes, after reviewing all pertinent loan documents and approvals. Read pertinent loan documents and extract the necessary information to properly set up loans onto IBS. Review for accuracy and completeness, after booking loans.
- Complete review of customer records in IBS within 48-72 hours of booking to ensure quality control.
- Process account maintenance, and email requests as assigned, may require research and document review in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review / process daily reports as assigned such as Rejected Items, Auto debit/ACH, Change of Address, Daily Transactions etc.
- Process loan payments and payoffs.
- Perform loan document review.
- Mail loan statements/notices daily.
- Update Loans to be booked and Residential loan logs after loans are booked.
- May process loan funding after thorough review of necessary initial loan documentation provided by Lender/PM/PA. Prepares funded loans for booking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products, preferably proficient in MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Familiar with General Ledger balancing and common banking transactions.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with others inside and/or outside the organization. Communicate effectively on routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining essential information which may require some discussion.
- Must be detail-oriented with a commitment to a high-level of data integrity and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and handle a large volume of work while maintaining accuracy and time sensitivity.
- Must be able to work effectively in a cohesive team, and perform independently.
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of specialized banking or finance courses preferred.
- At least two (2) years of loan servicing or related job experience in the financial industry required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.