Eastern Plumas Health Care
LVN / Medical Assistant -Full-time
EPHC Outpatient Clinics
Eastern Plumas Health Care provides crucial services to our community. We are a non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County for over 45 years. We are the only hospital and clinic within a 30 mile radius serving over 10,000 residents living throughout Plumas and Sierra Counties.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual with medical office experience.The successful candidate will have superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and be customer-focused at all times.
Clinic hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We have an opening for a Medical Assistant to work in any of our Outpatient Clinics. This is a full-time benefited position..
The Medical Assistants scope of duties may be administrative, clinical, clerical or technical. Duties may include preparing patients for examination, office procedures, taking medical history, assisting the provider as requested, cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment, instructing patients regarding preparation for x-Ray and laboratory tests, ordering and maintaining stocks of supplies, collecting specimens from patients, performing approved diagnostic tests, measuring and recording vital signs, preparing treatment trays and assisting with minor surgical procedures or performing front office duties.
- Satisfactory completion of a Medical Assistant program, or Certified Medical Assistant.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with at least one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology, disease process, back office procedures and preparing patients for examination.
- Familiarity with medical documents and medical chart components.
- Basic knowledge of injections, wound care, minor surgeries and specimen collection.
- Ability to interpret basic patient needs.
- Current certification in BLS.
- Command of the English language and ability to communicate clearly to callers, visitors, patients and all staff members.
- Basic mathematical skills and the ability to properly prepare and administer medications.
- Ability to use office machines.
- Demonstrated ability to use an electronic medical record system, word processing and other Microsoft Office programs.