Manhattan, KS, United States
Parker Hannifin is now hiring Braider and Extruder Machine Operators to work 2nd and 3rd shift. This is a full-time career you can retire from!
We offer outstanding benefits and pay:
• Pay rate of $18.24/hr–$24.21/hr depending on shift
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• Company-paid pension
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Company-paid Life Insurance
• Benefits offered on day 1 of employment
• Wellness benefit up to $150/yr
• Gym membership discounts offered (select gyms)
• Safety shoe allowance up to $125/yr
• Retention bonuses up to $1,000 within the 1st year
• PPE provided (gloves, earplugs, safety glasses)
• Financial planning available at no cost
• and more!
Depending upon placement, your basic scope of assignments includes set-up and operation of extrusion and other associated equipment or set up of braider operation. You are responsible for the quality of production.
• Perform all duties as assigned by the shift foreman and Value Stream Team Lead on a day to day assignment as necessary.
• Gain job proficiency in variety of machines such as the; Bobbin Winder, Extruder Operator, Braider Services, and Cement/Dye OR on the Mandrel Blow Out, Finishing, Mandrel Process, Lead Strip, Wrap/Unwrapper and Print/Inspect.
• Be able to prepare and complete all associated paperwork.
• Must be able to assist in training all new employees as assigned by the shift foreman.
• Must maintain work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Must perform work to prescribed safety guidelines.
• Work safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures, and in a manner that eliminates unreasonable risk to health and the environment. Notify management of unsafe conditions or practices, unlawful activities, and activities that present unreasonable health and/or environmental risk. Report all safety and/or environmental incidents to management immediately.
• Prevent excess waste of product and/or components by efficiently operating the equipment.
• Maintain production schedules.
• Work closely with Maintenance to resolve issues with the equipment.
• Work with groups in initiating and implementation of programs such as Lean Manufacturing and 5-S.
• Report directly to Value Stream Team Leader.
• Other duties may be assigned at a later time.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED (we will consider applicants enrolled in a GED program)
• Production work experience is preferred but not required
• Prior machine operator experience is preferred (extruder or braider experience highly preferred)
Qualifications & Skills:
• Must pass pre-employment screening
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Basic knowledge and use of hand tools
• Sound decision-making skills
• Good math, reading, writing skills
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Be able to exercise continuous mental, visual, and audio attention
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes to take appropriate action
• Vision: Sharpness and accommodation for reading information to perform job tasks.
• Attention to detail: Requires constant alertness to surroundings and product quality.
• Ability to lift 10 pounds, lift 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds rarely.
• Requires flexible hours and short notice for overtime.
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
• High noise levels from operating machines and equipment
• Physical hazards from operating machines and moving reels
• Work in areas where safety equipment will be required (steel toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection)
• Standing is required for extended periods of time. Walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, turning, twisting, squatting, and lifting is performed regularly
• Requires a high degree of manual dexterity, which could be performed under restrictive conditions
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
Apply today for immediate consideration! Only those who complete the online application and upload an up-to-date resume will be considered for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.