Hazleton, PA, United States
Machinist Lathe Operator
Spears Manufacturing headquartered in Sylmar, CA, is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
This opportunity is at our facility in Hazelton PA.
Due to our dynamic growth we are currently are looking for the right individual for our key position Machinist Lathe Operator, and if you have CNC experience that is a plus!
Pay will be commensurate with experience and skill set.
Machinist Skill level is a minimum requirement for this position. CNC not required but optional. Spears Manufacturing headquartered in Sylmar CA. is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, fittings and pipe since 1969. We are currently seeking a manual machine Machinist. This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
Position requires competency in convectional machine shop operations. Employee is to be proficient in the operation of conventional machinery, safely and accurately to perform a variety of functions. Responsibilities include programming Lathes, milling machines drill press and hand tool operations.
A strong sense of detail and good mechanical aptitude are essential. Employee must be able work with great concentration and precision. They must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines.
• Proven experience as a machine shop equipment operator
• Knowledge of various types of conventional machining equipment, mills, lathes and drill presses as well as precision measurement tools
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, documents and drawings
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
• A detail and results-driven approach
• Strong communication abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in machining or relevant discipline is a plus
• CNC experience a plus!
• Set up and operate machines to perform tasks such as turning, drilling, milling etc.
• Understand specifications and desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
• Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
• Verify in process machining and make any necessary adjustments as needed.
• Inspect and measure finished products and process work orders
• Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
We are an EOE employer