Centers Health Care
New York, NY
Amsterdam Nursing Home is seeking a Maintenance Tech to work full time at our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City.
- Assist with regular facility & equipment inspections for safety, upkeep, appearance.
- Responding to maintenance requests by Staff & Residents.
- Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner.
- Be available for emergency troubleshooting & repairs of equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electric, carpentry & general maintenance.
- Min. high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to multitask/stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team member.
- Must have knowledge in standpipe and sprinkler system (Certificate of fitness FDNYC)
Upper West Side of Manhattan
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report. AMS
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V