The Geo Group
Facility: GEORGE W. HILL
Compensation Base: $14.00 hourly
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
- May perform plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance, construction or related area. Completion of equivalent technical or trade school course may be substituted for two (2) years of the required vocational experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret electrical prints, diagrams, schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
- Ability to communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely required.