Jack Daniels Cooperage Trinity
Trinity, AL, United States
Jack Daniel Cooperage is seeking multiple Maintenance Technicians to join our manufacturing team in Trinity, Alabama.
As a Maintenance Technician you are a member of a team that makes white oak barrels for maturing Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey. A career at Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel Cooperage, is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver.
Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve. Our culture at Jack Daniel Cooperage is to foster Personal Growth, Collaboration, Teamwork, Self-Initiative and Problem Solving in a Respectful and Safe Environment where every employee has a high degree of Self-Awareness, Accountability, Credibility, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Professional Ethics.
Pay rate starts between $25.50–$28.50/hr, dependent upon skill level. We offer $0.50 shift differential for our 2nd shift and weekend positions.
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (available on day 1)
• Short-term/Long-term disability/Parental Leave (available on day 1)
• Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
• 13 paid Holidays
• Holiday Bonus
• 401(k) Savings Plan with company match of 5%
• Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Responsible for performing preventive maintenance tasks, and completion of associated work orders in Maximo.
• Responsible for the documentation and delivery of accurate preventive maintenance status data.
• Perform electrical, mechanical, HVAC, steam, compressed air, and other maintenance activities on equipment, machinery, plumbing, building facilities, and grounds.
• Attend and/or participate in seminars, training, and educational activities, as well as on-the-job participation/demonstrations by peers in order to improve maintenance technical capacity.
• Attend meetings with Operations personnel as required.
• Participate in Maintenance Department project implementation and process improvement teams.
• Identify opportunities for decreasing variation and costs of operation in current processing methods, and make recommendations for improving.
• Perform bench-work repairs in order to maintain equipment spare parts inventory.
• Identify and document the checking-out of parts needed to perform maintenance tasks from the Store Room.
• Must perform planned, routine, or emergency mechanical and/or electrical repairs on the building or equipment as assigned by management.
• Train production operators on the safe operation and minor maintenance of plant equipment.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of a robust Preventive Maintenance and work order system. This will involve development, prioritization, planning, purchasing parts, scheduling work, and reporting on the status of work orders, including PM’s, safety, emergency, and routine jobs.
• Entering data into a computerized maintenance management system (eMaint).
• Adhere to established standards for sanitation, quality and safety.
• Execution of plant policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Company/Corporate directed EH&S, Quality, and GMP requirements.
• Must be aware of, willing to conform to, and capable of conforming to the Brown-Forman GMP requirements.
• High school diploma or GED
• Employee must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
• Ability to communicate effectively with company employees and all levels of management.
• Previous experience in maintenance in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• A command of basic math skills including counting, adding, subtracting, precision measurement, etc.
• Ability to pass a drug screen and a background check
• Ability to work weekends and daily overtime as needed.
• General knowledge of PC operations.
Full body mobility and the ability to move about in a production environment and perform the following tasks for periods of 12 hours, to include:
• Bending, squatting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing and twisting on an occasional basis.
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds from the ground to waist height and pushing, pulling and maneuvering up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and in a non-environmentally controlled workplace, working at varying heights and in the outdoors.
• Associate’s degree from an accredited Institute of Higher Learning in one of the following disciplines: Industrial Maintenance, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Electrical/Electronics Technology, Machine Shop, Welding.
• Certifications in welding or a journeyman’s electrical certification.
• Experience in woodworking facility.
• Pipe fitting / machinist experience.
• Past experience with eMaint.
• Basic knowledge of mainframe computer systems.
• Past experience in a Maintenance Planner role.
• Experience in identifying, quoting, and purchasing spare parts and materials.
The following shifts are available:
• 2nd shift: Monday–Thursday, 3:15pm–1:45am
• Weekend shift: Friday–Sunday, 6am–6:30pm Friday (36 hours with 40 hours pay)
Click 'Apply now' to submit your most recent up-to-date resume and complete the online application on our website for immediate consideration. We have limited positions available.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.