Centers Health Care
Maintenance Technician Day Shift
Experienced Maintenance Tech
Buffalo Center is seeking an experienced Maintenance Worker. Candidate must have good time management skills, have the ability to prioritize work orders and be able to work under little supervision. Must have reliable transportation and must be punctual.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the property building and grounds in a supportive role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Responsible for inspections of all maintenance related items as pertain to a nursing-care facility
- Responsible for the preparation of units awaiting new occupant arrivals
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by us for Service Technician
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools and equipment
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times-including being on an on-call basis for maintenance emergencies
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies
- Duties may include but not limited to: transport resident beds, small appliances, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, snow removal, window/door repair, flooring, furnace/A/C work, roofing and carpentry
- Other job duties assigned per supervisor's request
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each residents dignity and independence. Buffalo Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.