Lincoln Property Company
Maintenance Technician III
Lincoln Military Housing A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join Lincoln Military Housing, you will be working along side a team of talented and passionate individuals with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with Lincoln Military Housing, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT. We take pride in serving those who serve us.
NOW OFFERING A $2,000 NEW HIRE BONUS
LIMITED TIME ONLY
At Lincoln Military Housing, we have a special motto: Every mission begins at home. But to make this a reality, it requires great people to craft amazing communities for our nations military families.
We are on the lookout for new team members, and to help in that mission, we are offering new hire bonuses of up to $2,000. If you get hired, you will get an extra $500 after 30 days of employment, another $500 after 60 days and $1,000 after 6 months.
A Day in the Life of a Service Technician III (Maintenance Technician III):
As a Lincoln Military Housing Service Technician III, you will perform general and specialized maintenance and repairs in a multifamily residential community and operate building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housings quality standards. Your role may include Lead responsibilities which, on occasion includes supervising or training other maintenance staff members. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housings quality customer satisfaction standards.
A Service Technician's Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Performs most maintenance installation repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of building systems and appliances or all repairs on specific systems, including, plumbing, HVAC, structural and electrical.
- Tests and/or troubleshoots a variety of items dependent on specific trade expertise (e.g., thermocouples, motors, boiler controls, fire alarms, plumbing valves, fixtures, water lines, alarms, locks, new and renovated construction) for the purpose of assessing item functioning and recommending repair or replacement.
- Applies proficient skills in all trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
- Completes resident-requested repairs and services within the required time frame (24 hours).
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
- Participates in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, trash removal, and snow removal (if applicable).
- Trains or guides other maintenance team members in performing skilled tasks for the purpose of providing support to workers developing their knowledge of specific skills with trade.
- On occasion, may lead or supervise other maintenance team members in the absence of management.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery. Finish
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident functions, seminars, training and work-related events.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
What A Service Technician III Needs for Success:
- 5 or more years related maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be flexible to work four 10 hour shifts with possibility of nights and weekends.
- Intermediate level understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
- Certifications preferred HVAC and EPA.
- Some supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Expert skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
- Extensive knowledge of appliances.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- May require use of a personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
- Must be available for regular on-call work assignments/emergency calls, work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.