St. Louis, MO, United States
Open interview- Maintenance Technicians job opportunity
Vanderlande Industries is a leading supplier of baggage handling systems and services both passenger boarding bridges and baggage handling systems worldwide. Vanderlande is responsible for the Service & Maintenance of the Baggage Handling System at the St. Louis International Airport.
We are seeking full-time Maintenance Technicians. The Maintenance Technicians are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Hourly Pay: $21.00 to $29.00 depending on experience
Meet our hiring managers on May 17th or May 18th from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Marriott St Louis Airport! 10700 Pear Tree Lane, St. Louis, MO 63134
Great Benefits available from your 1st Day of Employment!
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• 401K Match
Essential Functions (Job Duties & Responsibilities):
• Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
• Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems
• Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s)
• Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion
• Reporting through CMMS
• React to messages from the Control Room or manager
• Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
• Tote running
• Attending to call outs, faults, alarms, and warnings, supervising staff, scheduling, training
• Attending to stoppages and bag jams
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
• Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
• Valid Drivers License
• Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
• Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Customer and service-oriented
• Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
• Working knowledge of computers and equipment
• Ability to solve problems under pressure
• Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
• Technical Degree in Industrial Technology or Electrical Automation
• Minimum 1 years of related experience
• Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
• Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Technicians work in secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules. Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts, and vibration. The environment can also be loud.