Manager Clinical Nursing- ED / ER Emergency Room
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Additional relocation bonus may apply based on geographical location.
Schedule: full-time. Must be available Monday-Friday during daytime hours with flexibility for evening or other hours as needed.Pay Range
$45.75-63.13/hourFlourishing Begins Here
The Emergency Room at Avista Adventist Hospital is an emergency medicine department with 16 beds and typically 28-30 patients per day. 85% of our patients are walk-ins, 13% arrive by ambulance, 2% arrive by law enforcement. We treat patients of all age groups - 20% pediatric and 20% 65 years or older. Theaverage length of stay in our ED is 150 minutes with 1-2 Behavioral Health patients per day.
Common diagnoses in our department are chest pain, abdominal pain and DKA. We are also a Primary Stroke Center with an average of 100 stroke alerts per year. We are a Level 3 Trauma and send 30 STEMIs per year to the Avista Cath Lab from the ED. Our department has a Nurse-Driven Sepsis Protocol and we celebrate very high patient experience satisfaction scores (80.5% Likelihood to Recommend & 83% ED Nurse Scores). We are committed to the State of Colorado Alternative to Opioid (ALTO) program. Our mission is to provide our community with kind, experienced, efficient, and collaborative care. This team consists of caregivers who provide excellent patient care, flexible scheduling and a culture that respects and values all people (staff, physicians and patients). We hire those that demonstrate teamwork, initiative, compassion, great skills in caregiving, exceptional customer service, demonstrates a respect for people/life/planet/diversity/inclusion and meets our scheduling needs.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Responsible for the management of clinical nursing practices and patient care delivery on the assigned unit(s). Role functions include management of human, fiscal, material, support and systems resources while achieving and maintaining the goals of a unit or department by focusing on the unit or department's daily operations. Demonstrates a high level of integrity, willingness to take on new challenges and prioritizes associate engagement. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all levels of staff and customers. Supports associate development needs with an emphasis on evidence-based practice and education.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 3 years of experience in acute care setting required
- 2 years of leadership experience required
- Experience in the ED required; level III trauma center or above experience stronlgy preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Current RN license required; Current RN license in applicable state of work or current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact for eligible states
- BLS through the American Heart Association
- ACLS and PALS within six months required
- ENPC and TNCC within six months required
- NIHSS within six months required
- Department covers cost of certifications required within six months listed above
- Clinical and/or Leadership certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Credential: Nursing Specific- ANCC Approved
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Located minutes from Boulder, CO, in the charming community of Louisville, Avista Adventist Hospital is a comprehensive medical center that provides a full-range of medical specialties and exceptional health care to residents of Louisville, Broomfield and the surrounding Boulder area communities. With 114-beds, this full-service facility has been honored for excellence in cardiac, mom/baby and emergency care. It is also home to one of the area's top joint and spine care centers specializing in hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery. Avista is proud to be recognized for its award-winning New Life Center, the area's most innovative birth center and large Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery. In 2013, Avista was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience by Women Certified (womencertified.com) for quality physician communications, nurse/staff responsiveness, superior cleanliness and referrals by other women. With some of the lowest turnover and highest associate satisfaction scores in the industry, Avista Adventist Hospital has an excellent local reputation for its supportive culture, visionary leadership, strong team and daily living of what it means to truly care for the whole person - body, mind and spirit.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!