Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Manager - Collections
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Directly assists the Senior Director in the daily operations and makes sure the assets under their leadership perform to acceptable levels set forth by upper management.
Provide guidance and leadership for supervisors, team leaders and team members company-wide.
Directly manage Performing Collections (current to 60 DPD)
Develop, lead, and mentor all team members and supervisors to reinforce skills and increase department effectiveness.
Review daily production and performance results and address successes and failures.
Set daily and monthly goals for teams and for the individual team members.
Manage the performing loan delinquency, roll rates and collection efforts to achieve desired results set forth by management
Assist in developing and managing dialer campaigns tailored to the characteristics of each portfolio.
Track results of work efforts to assure desired levels of production and efficiency are achieved.
Adjust strategies where required to account for delinquency trending and/or for new portfolio acquisition.
Monitor account levels and determine when additional employees are needed to meet appropriate goals.
Manage fixed and variable collection costs. Interview and hire potential team leader and supervisor collection candidates.
Assist in streamlining processes to improve efficiencies across the company.
Maintain roll rates as designated by client
Develop and ensure team members are following QA guidelines as required by regulatory agencies.
Monitor any payment methods (including ACH, biweekly etc) to ensure payments are posting correctly.
5+ years experience in collections, finance, or related industry with 5 years of direct employee supervisory experience.
General management skills required including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills, preferably in a production environment.
Experience in a call center environment, inbound and outbound preferred.
Ability to train and motivate employees.
Strong excel and computer related skills required.
Able to work with deadlines and complete projects on time.
Strong conflict resolution skills.
Proficiency in data management.
Familiarity with the compliance requirements of FDCPA.
Moderate analytical skills.
High school graduate, college degree preferred but not required
* 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Employee Engagement Activities
* Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
* Dental - RX - Vision - Life, Disability Insurance - 401(k) Plan with company match! - Employee Assistance Plan
* Tuition-Assistance Programs
* Performance-based Incentives
* Pet Insurance
* Advancement Opportunities
* Our Corporate Social Responsibility program, Newrez NOW, empowers employees to become leaders in their communities through a robust program that includes volunteering, philanthropy, nonprofit grants, and more
* 1 Volunteer Time Off (VTO) day, company-paid volunteer day where all eligible employees may participate in a volunteer event with a nonprofit of their choice
* Employee Matching Gifts Program: We will match monetary employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations, dollar-for-dollar, up to $1,000 per employee
* Newrez Grants Program: Newrez hosts a giving portal where we provide employees an abundance of resources to search for an opportunity to donate their time or monetary contributions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.