Pilot Flying J
Denver, CO, United States
Manager, Trade Operations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you looking for a company with growth and development opportunities, a great culture and a focus on teams? Then, this might be the perfect job for you! Pilot Company would like to hire a Manager, Trade Operations to oversee accuracy and timeliness of the daily refined products (gasoline, diesel, renewables, Rins) trading activity through the companys Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) system throughout the life cycle of the supply chain
- Analyze, determine, and model the logistics chain in the ETRM system and ensure the movement documents are available for each leg of the logistics chain while leading and guiding team members directly.
- Supervise, provide daily oversight, and set priorities of the Trade Operations team; select coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews.
- Manage staff in the completion of the daily invoice reconciliation for bulk settlements while serving as liaison between external counterparties and internal schedulers and traders to determine any discrepancies that need resolution.
- Manage team responsible for the reconciliation of inventory for Trade Operations locations that will include both refined and renewable products.
- Generate Renewable Fuel Identification Number ("RIN") Process Transfer Documents ("PTDs") in accordance with federal regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Enter renewable fuel/RIN transactional data into the Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA") Moderated Transaction System ("EMTS")
- Monitor commercial activity interaction with carriers, terminals, pipeline companies, railroad companies, exchange partners, counterparties, and the company commercial group; ensure all relevant information is available and current.
- Provide input to the daily position and profit and loss reports using knowledge and understanding of the trading activity.
- Manage staff as they identify and resolve loss prevention of gallons, identify corrections, and escalate issues, and collaborate to resolve discrepancies through the daily, weekly, and monthly inventory reconciliation process and provide accurate reports.
- Implement new business activity and/or update existing activity to assure accuracy and timeliness as the industry changes.
- Identify, recommend, obtain approval, and implement process improvements for commodity settlement operations activities while adhering to external control requirements.
- Serve as subject matter expert in refined and renewable products and support traders and schedulers.
- Provide support and management requests from both External and Internal Auditors.
- Build and modify team as needed in relation to team needs and outside requirements.
- Model behaviors that support the companys common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in finance or related business field required
- Five years industry experience required
- One year of team leadership experience required; two years experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel skills required
- Three years of experience with RightAngle or ETRM systems required
- Three years experience working with front, middle and back-office business and operational processes required
- Two years experience with process improvements and analytics required
- Ability to lead, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse team with integrity and enable leadership in others
- Ability to understand and translate commercial needs to other functional teams
- Proficiency in handling multiple concurrent projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, and financial acumen
- Ability to demonstrate confidence, professionalism, and assertiveness in complex and challenging circumstances
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Proficiency in internal networking, teamwork, and relationship building
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline