New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with locations in Canada in Winnipeg and Arnprior, and facilities in the USA in Crookston, St. Cloud, Ontario, Anniston, Shepherdsville and Jamestown. It offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions™, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. New Flyer actively supports over 41,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission.
We are looking to hire candidates who are willing to learn all facets of building and creating essential components of our bus models.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform all installations and/or assemblies within a specified work area.
- Execute line installations, specific to department.
- Work on blueprints, process sheets, and/or written instructions.
- Working knowledge of hand air tools.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Bend, stoop, and reach. Must be able to climb up and down, as well as work using a ladder.
- Be regularly exposed to vibration, and occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Perform the assigned duties and be able to work overtime which is often required to meet production schedules.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior assembly experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Eligible to work in the United States and or Canada.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- Reputable benefits, including a 401K match.
- Coverage for short-term and long-term disability.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™. NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI.