Lakeland, FL, United States
Manufacturing Production Associate
HD Supply in Lakeland, FL is actively interviewing and making job offers to applicants for the entry level Manufacturing Production Associate position! This is your opportunity to be a hands-on contributor to the manufacturing process of customized signs, packaging, railings and other custom products both large and small scale.
Compensation starts between $15 - $16.50 / hour.
Openings for Full Time scheduling! All Shifts are open!
As a full time employee, you will have a comprehensive and affordable benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement eligibility, health savings accounts, and discounted company stock options.
What you should expect in the scope of work:
We want our manufacturing team to enjoy their day at work, and have the ability to motivate yourself and others while having Fun and staying Safe! The manufacturing facility is very dynamic, with a lot of fast moving parts. You will be working in a comfortable indoor environment but with regular exposure to factors that could cause some momentary discomfort such as temperature extremes, loud noises, fumes, etc. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. You will have the opportunity to work independently and a part of a team under the guidance of a senior coworker or supervisor working on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products. The machinery, material, and equipment in your work area my be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- You will be responsible for specialized production tasks that include working with: stretch cord, metal, wood, and packaging materials.
- You will be working on various production processes, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
- Some projects may require cutting of metal frames, wood, paper, etc. to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet. And may align layout marks with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure proper fit and finish.
- You will need to be able to use a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets and double check measurements for accuracy. And need to read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- It is important that you maintain your work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. And follow prescribed safety regulations and perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Notify your supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
- You will find yourself performing bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Follow standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure production safety and efficiency.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials. And placing finished goods on designated pallets.
- You are encouraged to seek advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from your supervisor.
To fit the culture of the HD Supply warehouse you will need to have personal skills such as:
- Goal Setting
- Good Communication Skills
- Basic Math and Writing
- Foster Positive Team Climate
- Time Management
- Organization Skills
Education and Experience:
Please apply if you have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (or pending completion). Both Entry Level and Experienced Manufacturing Production Associates are encouraged to apply.
Apply Today! We are looking forward to speaking with you and learning more about your experiences! Once you submit your interest, a member of our recruiting team will be in-touch within the week.